The Historic Walker House
The Festival of Arts and the City of San Dimas celebrate the restoration and opening of The Walker House. Built in 1887 as a hotel, but never used as such, it is the preeminent building in San Dimas and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Having obtained a federal grant and raised monies toward the restoration, the Festival cooperated fully with the City of San Dimas during the restoration. The dedication and grand opening of this magnificent historic building in March, 2009 is a gift to the community for use in generations to come. The Festival’s 33rd Annual Western Art Exhibition & Sale in April 2009 was the first major event to be held in this beautiful treasure of San Dimas.
We are happy to make the Walker House our home and office along with the San Dimas Historical Society. Docent-led tours of the Walker House are available from the Historical Society. Reservations are a must. Call their office at (909) 592-1190. The current opening hours for the San Dimas Museum & Gift Shop are posted on the Historical Society’s website here. (The museum and gift Shop are also open the second and third weekends of each month in conjunction with the 2nd Story Gallery.)